Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! While making a pie can be time consuming, the health benefits of this homemade masterpiece will definitely be worth it.
What You Need
- 1 package whole-wheat pizza dough
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup grated Pepper jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
How To Make It
Make sure oven is preheated to 425 degrees. Prepare pizza dough on pan. Place pesto, place basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, Pepper Jack, oil, 2 teaspoons of water, garlic, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse a few times, then blend. Spread 1/4 cup pesto onto pizza dough, covering evenly. Spread ricotta and mozzarella on top of pizza. Bake for around 20 minutes.