This is my ambitious spin on the rather typical egg salad sandwich. May not be for everyone, but it is a healthy option that tastes great!
What You Need
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 diced red onions
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 Cup Basil
- Dash of Cajun Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked large egg whites, chopped
- 8 slices toasted whole wheat bread
- 8 spinach leaves
- 8 lettuce leaves
How To Make It
Combine first six ingredients into a bowl, gently stir in eggs and egg whites. Top toast with the mixture, finish by adding spinach and lettuce. Recipe makes 4 servings.
Contains around 280 calories, 12 grams of fat, and 18 grams of protein.